Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Intros


Diane over at Bibliophile by the Sea prints the first paragraph of her current read on Tuesdays. I thought I'd try it this week.
From Everyone She Loved by Sheila Curran.

"Penelope Cameron May had more money than God, which may have explained her need to play the deity from time to time. This impulse took on even greater urgency once Penelope's daughters were born. She added a codicil to her will, appointing her stepsister and three best friends from college to make certain that in the event of her own untimely death, her husband didn't marry the wrong woman."

I don't think the idea is totally unique. I know my friends and I have joked about an approval committee if something were to happen to one of us, but it may be interesting to see how it plays out.
I'm on page 88 so far and like the characters, but some money troubles for one of the characters is making me a little nervous. I hate when people become destitute. I could never stand those Shopaholic books.
What do you think? Would you try this book based on the first paragraph?

6 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I laughed when I read what this book was about. As a mom to age 30 something children, I wouldn't care who my husband married...LOL, especially since my children, are not his children.

Thanks for playing along.

Trish said...

It certainly brings up some interesting topics. But in the end I don't think I'd want to be dictating my husband's life from beyond the grave.

pdbkwm said...

The first paragraph makes me want to read this book. Like Trish, I don't think I'd be able to dictate my spouse's life once I die either.

~ Popin
Check out my paragraph here

Paulita said...

Trish, You sound like an admirable person. I definitely would want to mess with my husband's life from the grave!

Nise' said...

I am wondering if the wrong women was married.

Take' im he's yours said...

I would read it based on the title, and of course I would be totally surprised by what the book is actually about, and hopefully humored by the subject.

Glad it's not on my list of things I worry about... smile

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...