Monday, May 02, 2011

Simmering Tempers

That's me, simmering this afternoon. I planned to blog about the boys' confirmation last night, or maybe about Spencer's first college visit, but I'm so over being a mother to teenage boys right now.
Aaaargh!
Instead, I'll post a couple of photos.
One is my beautiful great niece Caroline who has grown up in the week since Easter when we saw her last.

The other is a precocious 4-year-old at church who felt the confirmation service went on a little too long. She is the youngest of 4 children and she rules the roost. She was mad because she couldn't sit with her mother, who was a confirmation sponsor for one of the teenage girls. Staying away from mom was torture for little Natalie.

One of the problems with my camera is that the photo may look great on screen, but once I upload it to the computer, it isn't the amazing shot I had imagined. Like this one of Natalie. She's a little blurry and the color seems a bit off. I wasn't allowed to use a flash during mass.
Luckily, Natalie's sister Morgan posed for me in the remaining daylight, so I got a clear, ferocious picture or her.

Sometimes I long for the day when my kids were these ages. Life seemed so simple then.
But I'd better not forget how tiring life was then -- physically tiring anyway.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Caroline has so much hair now! I miss her and you. Only ten more days and then we can have girl time galore and lots of mochas. I love you!

Sheila said...

looks to me like you need your little girl to come home. :) lets do coffee this week, wed or thurs mornings work for me.

Stephanie said...

Ooh. I remember that chronic exhausted feeling. No thank you. I was in a bad mood a lot in those days too. Correlation?

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...