Thursday, September 08, 2011

Paris Dress

Grace doesn't like this picture of her, but she loves the new dress.

We went shopping the other day in preparation for her autumn in Paris. We found this adorable dress that makes her feel like Audrey Hepburn.
Her Paris wardrobe also includes a couple of new pairs of jeans, a black knit dress with gray leggings, a black and white striped knit dress and two flouncy black skirts, which can all go with her variety of leggings.
Oh, and I can't forget the "red" sweatshirt. (I think it's really orange but she's going with red.) It's an off the shoulders kind of look, think 1980s.
Then she was thrilled to see Amy from Dr. Who wearing a similar sweatshirt, except Amy's is not off the shoulder.

I don't care for shopping, but Grace and I had a fun trip picking out her Paris wardrobe.
What would you have to buy if you were going to Paris for the fall?

4 comments:

Just Me said...

From what I understand Europeans dress so differently than the average American.

They would not even allow me into the country.

Sounds like you guys had a fun outing and the excitement must be building.

Paulita said...

Just Me, Every time I go to Europe, I carefully plan my wardrobe, thinking I'll look chic. Then I look back at the pictures and say, "What was I thinking?"
Americans often dress like Americans though, or, in the words of David Sedaris, "Like we're dressed to mow someone's lawn."

Zibilee said...

That is a really lovely dress! My kids have recently gotten really into Dr. Who for some reason lately. We stopped watching it a couple of season ago, but they seem to be having a ball with it! I hope that the trip is amazing for everyone involved!

Stephanie said...

Ooh la la Grace!

I don't care for shopping either. I find it very stressful. So, in answering your question, I wouldn't buy anything and just wing it. I think that even if I bought anything new, I'd still look dowdy.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...