Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bird Watching

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

On a run this week, I saw a friend out looking for his escaped cat. I told him I would look as I ran. That's when I saw this black cat sitting and staring into a tree. I thought maybe he had the other cat cornered so I turned around to see what he was staring at.
This is what I saw.

Someone had conveniently placed a birdhouse in the crook of a tree and the cat was ready the minute the birds thought about emerging.
I laughed when I realized what the cat was doing. I tried to lure him away.
He gave me a look of disgust.

Then went back to his birdwatching.

18 comments:

Trish said...

Ahaha that's too funny! We have a pond in our back yard and we sometimes get neighborhood cats watching our goldfish.

Jill Buck said...

What a great place for a birdfeeder. I doubt the cat will have much luck catching one though! Our neighbor lost her bird this week as well, she was cleaning the cage and the bottom fell out and the scared bird flew off. She was doing it outside because he was molting and is losing hope that he will return.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Too funny. That cat does look pretty ticked at you!

Christine Rains said...

Ha! That is a perfect cat picture. I love it!

Stephen said...

Hah! It's as if he's waiting to be served..

Sherrie said...

Hi!
This is so cute! Hope the birds didn't come out for awhile. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

I love that tree! Smart cat :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ha-Ha...I love that look of "disgust" on his face.

Great shot and great story. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT and
MY WEBSITE

gautami tripathy said...

I loved the photos. And that cat!!!

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Oh my you certainly got the evil eye from that cat!

I have a cat that stakes out my feeders. I shoo him along when I see him but sadly he kills about one bird a week. I hope he's at least eating them and not just bringing them to his owner's doorstep!

Bev Hankins said...

That is so funny! Reminds me of one I've got around here where the white cat from our right hand neighbor had chased the little black cat from our left hand neighbor up our tree. Never saw a cat chase a cat up a tree before. Will have to dig that out for future snapshots.

Here's my Snapshot: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/09/saturday-snapshot-september-17.html

Alyce said...

That is a smart cat! I would think that he had to have seen birds go in or he wouldn't have been sitting there. :)

Lisa said...

Not a very safe spot for the birds! Great pic.

My Saturday Snapshots

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh hilarious! I do like that tree though... in the first pic it looks very interesting.

Nise' said...

Fabulous! He's looking over his shoulder telling you they are all his!!!

Louise said...

I love birdwatching too, and know how annoying it is to get disturbed.

Linda said...

Cute but really, cats can be sort of deadly.

Pooch said...

I love that gorgeous tree!! Nature's beauty!
:)

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...