Saturday, September 03, 2011

Saturday Snapshot -- Polar Bear

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
The Columbus Zoo & Aquarium got polar bears this year. When my friend Ruth and her 7-year-old came to visit, Grace and I went along to the zoo.

This polar bear looks like an overgrown dog with his stick.

And when the polar bear climbed onto a ledge in his habitat, he took the stick with him. You can see it lying in front of him on the rock.
If you ever get a chance to visit the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, it's a great one.

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am ashamed to admit that I haven't been to the zoo in years. I want to see the polar bears, but I also want to see those giant bats.

bermudaonion said...

It looks like the polar bear kept y'all entertained for a while. He's beautiful!

Trish said...

When we lived in NC we often went to the zoo in Ashboro. They had a great polar bear exhibit.

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

That looks like an amazing zoo..so much open space behind the polar bear.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great shots! Love polar bears...in fact, just looking at them, I feel cooler in this heat.

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Carol said...

He just looks like a teddy bear. It is easy to forget they are big powerful creatures.

carol

Alyce said...

Polar bears are fun to see up close at the zoo - especially in the water. (Of course I'd be terrified to meet one in any other circumstance.) :)

Anonymous said...

We went to a small zoo this summer with our family and young granddaughter (see my photo a few weeks ago). No polar bears there. Your pics are good.

gautami tripathy said...

Love, love those!

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Cute shots. I can spend hours watching the Polar Bears play.

Jan said...

Love the shot of the polar bear floating on his back, so adorable!!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Very cute, just seems so out of his element in Ohio.

Bev Hankins said...

What a handsome polar bear! Great photos!

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/09/saturday-snapshot-september-3.html

Vicki said...

Great! Now I'm missing the Columbus Zoo too! :)

That's a great photo! Especially love the first one!

Linda said...

Very cute!

Raine said...

He looked so relax floating on his back. :D I imagine him to be whistling as he gnaw bits from the stick. ☺

jlshall said...

Great shots! Polar bears are so cute - if anything that BIG can be thought of as cute. I used to love to go to the zoo in Washington DC and look at the pandas, but haven't been in many years.

Thanks for visiting my blog!
~ Joy @ Joysweb

Tales of Whimsy said...

What a great shot. In the first one it looks like he's smoking a cigar. LOL :)

PS Thanks for visiting my blog.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...