Monday, March 14, 2011

Big Feet

Every weekend Spencer spends the night with guys from the basketball team, or they come here and spend the night. On Sunday morning, after the time change, when I got up to go for a run, big shoes were blocking the back door so I couldn't get out.
I lined them up and Earl snapped a few pictures.
Even though Spencer is the tallest of the boys, he doesn't have the biggest feet. That really bothers him. But his own father, a whopping 6-foot, 4-inches, wears size 10.5 shoes, so genetically he isn't engineered to have big feet.
The shoes don't look so giant on their own, but I put my shoe into the middle of the pile for comparison. Can you see it?
What is up with kids and big feet today? Is it just the way the shoes look or are kids' feet getting bigger. And why? They certainly don't use them that much since they need rides everywhere.
Here's a one-on-one comparison of my shoe next to one of the boys' shoes.
Even though they're small, my feet have not let me down yet. I get everywhere I need to go and have even run a marathon on these tiny feet.
Bigger feet equal stinkier shoes, which fill my kitchen with the aroma of teenage boy, even when they are all asleep in the basment.

8 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This is a funny shot, and obviously your cat likes the smell...LOL

Yes, boys and young girls too, seem to have larger feet these days

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my buddies and I all have bigger feet than most older dudes. We're all size 12-15, I think. I'm 6'2" with size 14s. Doesn't seem strange to me. I always thought dudes were supposed to have big feet.

Anonymous said...

lol yeah i hear ya. im 30 and 5'10 guy. i wear size 6

Anonymous said...

dude that just posted. you got some tiny ass feet. Im 14 and a girl, 5'10 my self and wear size 12 in womens or like 10.5 in mens

Anonymous said...

I'm 13 and a boy, 5'11 and wear a size 11. Is that small or big.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carl said...

Yeah well girl you just got big feet for at 14 yr old girl. Lol mine are like half your size.

Unknown said...

I’m a 14 yo boy and wear a size 9 your feet are definitely big

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...