Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dreaming of France

When I visit France, the things that mean the most are the everyday living. The idea that life is more important than work.
And, of course, since we're on vacation, we have time to relax and enjoy life.
When the kids were two, four and six, we visited France and spent some quality time in Luxembourg Gardens in Paris.
Someday I'm going to get all of these pictures put on my computer rather than taking pictures of them. They don't have very good quality that way, but you can still get the feel of France. 
Also in the Luxembourg Gardens, is a shot of Tucker playing in a blue car. He had a cute French girl next to him and was making his cute flirty face.
One thing we were surprised by at the French playgrounds was the play equipment. Since the French aren't nearly as litigious as we are in the United States, they have things like this climbing contraption that would never fly here in the U.S.
Here's 6-year-old Grace at the top of it. 
Maybe this week I'm dreaming of France and dreaming of those halcyon days when my kids were little. 
Thanks for playing along today and I hope you'll all visit each other's blogs to see more. 

5 comments:

Louise said...

I love, love, love the Luxembourg Gardens. These are such cute photos of your kids as youngsters, how lucky they were to travel so young-I only have one and we waited til he was 9- it is a 24 hour flight for us to get to Europe though. Do you really not have climbing structures like that in playgrounds? We have them, but then we accept that gravity can take hold and kids will fall off things, and don't have a dreadfully litigious culture.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I love that you traveled to France with your young children just as I once did. To me it is the very best way to visit another country. Children really do keep you grounded in simple everyday life which really makes the experience all the more rewarding. Love that first photo! So cute! I am sure your children treasure those memories too!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Sorry that I left the wrong link…not sure how to fix it…this is the correct one….http://sallytharperowlesbetweenherethere.blogspot.com/2014/04/le-potager.html

Paulita said...

Sally, you could just enter again in Mr Linky with the correct link. Then people might visit both!

Joy said...

Looks like a fun day!

Joy's Book Blog

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...