Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday Snapshot -- Family

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
The only photo I should be thinking about is an English Comp essay with marks from my red pen since I have to finish grading lots of essays for Finals Week, but I pulled out an old family photo we used on our Christmas letter in 2008. Four years doesn't seem that long, but when I look at my family, it's a long time.
They've all changed so much. We've all changed so much, especially those two on the end -- the kitten and Tucker.
I don't have a decent photo of the whole family from this fall since the oldest two have been at college, but here's one from this summer before Spencer left for college in Florida. But, I'm not in the pic cause I was taking it. (I really hate photos of myself lately anyway!)

Oh, and here's the kitten all grown up. He never takes a bad photo.

11 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ooh, the kitten looks suspicious of the goings-on.

Love the family photos...I think the last time I had all my kids together was in 1997!

I get them hit and miss...and mostly the groups are now grandchildren.

Here's a nod to my Christmases Past in MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Kaye said...

Gorgeous family and beautiful cat! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great photos! I love seeing family Christmas photos...especially when the kitties are included!!

Vicki said...

You've got a good looking family! Thanks for sharing!

Joy Weese Moll said...

Lots of family photos in Saturday Snapshot this week -- lovely to see.

Staci said...

Isn't it amazing how much they change within one year let alone 4!! Love it!

Ginx Craft said...

Lovely family photo. Your cats are very like my two cats.

Alyce said...

Four years does make a huge difference, especially with kids! Lovely family photos!

edgar said...

Celebration of Christmas or birthdays is so important for love sustenance.
Very nice photo of your family.

Esme said...

Those are both great photos-your little boys are no longer boys-they are young men-your daughter is becoming a woman and the kitty is a sweet looking cat. I always go to France after Thanksgiving and really enjoy it-there are not as many tourists and Paris is beautifully decorated for Christmas-that said I will take Paris any month of the year-however as I told my husband I walked around humming Christmas carols the entire time-I am a hummer by nature but caught myself this time. It really puts you in the Christmas spirit-this year I went a week later than usual and it was very fortutous that I did as I was in the ER 12 days before I left and I would not have gone a week earlier given the health situation. As long as you do not mind a little cold it is okay-one year I went and they were in such a cold spell that I was frozen the entire time-even though I had my down filled parka-this year I purchased boots as my feet got cold-they were fine one day in Paris-cold but not excessive the next day and then frozen in Lyon so I bought boots. I spent some good money on them-but they are warm, beyond comfortable and even fashionable to boot-the first two requirements were non negotiable. I have even continued to wear them since I got home so it was a purchase well spent. See you tomorrow.

Hyacinth Marius said...

You have a beautiful family. God bless you always:)

Hyacinth
Have you viewed Atlantic Highlands NJ house cleaning click here

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...