Saturday, December 01, 2012

Saturday Snapshot -- Christmas Lights

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
I didn't manage to capture any of the Christmas lights that I really wanted to but I do think that the displays of Christmas lights are a good sign for the economy. People seem to be going all out this year.
I like the draping on the tree in this one:
 
In this one, reindeer are artfully spread throughout the scene. Those icicle lights are still haning on around here.
And this one, though a little blurry, the person went all out from the stairs at the bottom to the peak of the roof.

14 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the look of Christmas lights....now you've inspired me to capture some!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Arti said...

Your town celebrate Christmas early, and they are wonderful. Thanks for sharing these interesting photos. They do look like they're going all out for this worthy festive season.

Christine Harding said...

Ooh, like at those lights! It's awfully early, but it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/xybNM

Sim Carter said...

That's interesting that both Arti and Christine think it's early. Maybe it's an American thing and maybe it stems from having a long weekend to do the work- the lights go up right around Thanksgiving.

bermudaonion said...

I love all the lights of the holidays.

Bev Hankins said...

Love to see the Christmas lights glowing in the night. Reminds me of when my son was small and all he could do was point and say "See that."

Here's my Snapshot.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Bear With Me...uck, you've just reminded me I need to throw some lights onto my bushes! It's mild out right now, so I'll hop to it before I read another blog♫♪ Photos are great♥

Alyce said...

I like white lights the best for house exteriors, but multi-colored best for my tree. That first house seems to glow in the photo. We've never decorated the outside of our house because the second story would be scary to climb up and attach lights to. Someday if we own a one story house I will decorate like crazy. :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

WOW, some people really go all out. Nice photos.

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

Wow, people are starting early! Those are beautiful lights, though.

Louise said...

I saw my first christmas lights driving home tonight, and now here's some more...Nice photos.

Susan Lindquist said...

Love the second house! We have just put lights on a tree that we rammed down into a whiskey barrel planter. They are on a timer so that go on at 5 PM and turn off at 11 PM ... this is the third night and I still plan to stand at the window at 4:59 and watch them blink on ... so pretty!

Staci said...

I think people just need to feel good right now!! Love the lights!

Jeanie said...

I don't know where you live, Paulita, but I think it looks just lovely, and I'd like to live there, too!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...