Saturday, December 08, 2012

Saturday Snapshot -- Cork

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
My brother lives about an hour and a half away from us. We went there the Friday after Thanksgiving to celebrate with him and he was excited to try a new corkscrew he'd gotten. But when he tried to open the wine, it pushed the cork into the bottle.
As he tried to pour, the cork floated into the neck of the bottle preventing the wine from coming out until a nudge dislodged it and it gushed out.
After that, the cork just floated in the bottle not causing any trouble.
It made me laugh. Family can be so quirky.
My daughter thought to take a picture.

12 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hope the wine was good despite the sunken cork:)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've actually had that happen to me...the cork getting pushed into the bottle. Very frustrating!

Thanks for sharing the photo and the story behind it.

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Fran@Broken Cookies Don't Count said...

Looks like the cork committed suicide! Tee hee...I like your photo! Have a great day!

Vicki said...

How smart that she thought to take a photo! Thanks for sharing it, and the story!
Here’s My SS

Sim Carter said...

And of course the whole point is to keep the wine out of the bottle ... ack, I hate it when that happens.

Alyce said...

I imagine at that point it's nearly impossible to ever get the cork out. :)

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

As long as the wine still tasted ok you can laugh at the floating cork! At least it didn't crumble... I hate when that happens.

Joy Weese Moll said...

I've had that happen. It's better than the one time when we had a cork disintegrate into a million pieces in the wine.

Brona said...

Cheers!
I once saw a science program or DIY type program that showed it is possible to get the cork out of the bottle....but for the life of me I cannot remcall how they did it :-)

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

How random! I hope it didn't spoil the taste. :)

bermudaonion said...

That doesn't sound like a great corkscrew! lol

Bev Hankins said...

Ha! I'm not a wine drinker...so, I can SO see that happening to me should I ever attempt to open a bottle. It's always fun to capture moments like that. I don't usually think of it till it's too late.

Here's my Snapshot.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...