Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Music

As some of you know, two of my children are off in college, so my husband and I are home with just our 16 year old. He seems intent on adding extra activities so we are as busy as we were when all three kids were home.
Thursday morning I was debating whether I would go watch him sing with the Singers at school.
The concert for parents was that night at 7, but my husband and I both had to work, so we couldn't go. Luckily, Tucker had two other concerts Thursday -- one at the elementary school in the morning and one at the middle school in the afternoon.
I really wasn't going to go, but I started to feel guilty and decided some Christmas music might be fun.
So I walked down to the elemenatry school and listened to them sing. I loved watching the little kids react with delight when they recognized a song. And they were especially thrilled with "I'm Gettin' Nothin' For Christmas" as the high school kids pretended to slug each other and pull each other's hair.  Last year, Tucker was in the Concert Choir. This year, he has moved up to the Singers, which requires an audition. They travel throughout the city doing concerts. Tonight they'll be at the zoo caroling.
I've tried to upload their song "I'll Be Home For Christmas/Let It Snow" which is appropriate for our family as Spencer comes home from Florida today, but we have to wait another week for Grace to come home from New York. The video refused to upload.

Hope everyone gets to enjoy some Christmas music this season.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm going to have to try and find some Christmas music on my computer. They just don't do it here like in the States and I miss it.

Suzie Tullett said...

I'm so envious of you having your kids home for Christmas, Paulita. This will be our first without ours. It's going to be strange, even more so as it's also our first Christmas here in Greece and it's not celebrated as highly as in the UK. Easter is the massive holiday here x

Paulita said...

Linda, Good luck finding Christmas music. Maybe you should gather some Americans and go Christmas caroling.
Suzie, Sorry you won't be with your sons this Christmas. That sounds hard, but Greece should appease you some!

Vicki said...

Tuesday I went to my granddaughter's Christmas Concert! I love going to school concerts and plays.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...