Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strange Signs

We just got back from a long and delicious dinner at a friend's house. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, since it's after midnight here which means I'm nearly a pumpkin.
I saw this sign yesterday and couldn't figure out what it meant. (Ignore the graffiti. I'm talking about why the state or the city would put up a sign like this.)



Why would it have a line drawn through a parent and child holding hands? The other side of the sign clued me in on the way back. Does anyone have any guesses?

3 comments:

Angelique said...

Do not abduct children here.

Do not cross la rue ici.
(Look, you've got me speaking Franglish!)

It's a geometry lesson (somehow).

Angelique et enfants said...

Entering seedy part of town, not recommended for children.

No pedophiles allowed.

Do not cross without holding hands.

Anonymous said...

Entering playground - children will be horrified if you are still holding their hands.

Dreaming of France -- Scenery During a Morning Run

Ooops. Sorry I'm running late. I'm on vacation in Florida and totally forgot about posting Dreaming of France today. Thank you...