Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunshine and Photography

On my recent writers' retreat, I was lucky enough to go walking with a friend who is an artist.
She noted how I was attracted to sunburst pictures.

And it's true. I'm frequently taking pictures with the sun shining through the trees or over the horizon.
I love the lines of light that peek through the forest. 

The lines of the fallen tree in this one caught my eye. 
More sunburst in the woods -- different day. 
My artist friend explained that what I  needed to do was take pictures of the sun shining on objects instead.
And she took a picture of me with the sun illuminating my face. 
So as I walked alone in the woods a few days later (see my previous  post) when I was sure that a bear wouldn't chase me down, I took some selfies of the sun lighting my face.
Here's my first selfie attempt. 
I like this one much better with the way the light shines on my eyes.
I'll continue to experiment with light and photography and hope that my pictures get better as I prepare for my move to France.

2 comments:

Sim Carter said...

I think I can still see a trace of fear of the bear in that first attempt! I just read the previous post, man you are one brave mamacita!

Paulita said...

Sim, Ha! I always hated to have to get someone to accompany me when I walked across campus at night, and the feeling continues when I'm on a lonely trail by myself. I'm a grown up. I should be able to hike a trail alone.
Thanks for visiting.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...