Thursday, June 02, 2016

Happenings

How can life always be hectic?
It isn't always. My morning runs are very slow, so I guess that's the time that I get to pace myself.
On Tuesday, as I ran down the street early, a mother raccoon and four baby raccoons crossed the street in front of me and disappeared down the storm sewer.
Of course, by the time I got  my phone out, they had already disappeared, but one little guy stuck his head back out.

My parents visited from Florida this week. Spending time with them is usually laid back. Mom and I made strawberry jam one afternoon.  Dad watched lots of sports on TV and we attended the Memorial Day parade.
We took some family photos.

We visited with my brother and his wife. Grace is holding their dog, Jasper. 
And I found time to go out for a drink with my hardworking newsman after he spent a long day covering a trial.

Hope everyone else has a hectic, happening life with lots of joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much wildlife lives in U.S. cities. Raccoons, opossums, squirrels, even deer.

Anonymous said...

We moved to France thinking life would be slower, less frenetic and less hectic - quite wrong! The pace of life all around is indeed much slower, having visited France since I was a baby and with French relatives, I knew this and I love this. But the busy part; we have never been busier! Juggling work, a blog, five children, a garden, a husband, a large house, a guest house and a menagerie of chickens and animals is quite time consuming! But I'll never complain it's a perfect life!

our life in france said...

Our life is so much slower now we are retired and we always say there are not enough hours in the day, don't know how we found time to work x

Paulita said...

I agree with all of you, and love that all of the comments are from people in France. You all make me feel like part of a community half way around the world.

Esme said...

Looks like you had a wonderful week. The little raccoon is sweet.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...