Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dreaming of France -- France on Pinterest

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

One of the great things about being a Francophile is that there are so many other people who love France too. It's fun to make connections with them, to live vicariously through them, and to have them share my experiences too.
Mostly, I do that through my blog, and my novels, but today I made a discovery on Pinterest. There's a whole section called France full of people who are hankering for some Francetime, just like me.
My friend Sheila convinced me that I should join Pinterest to promote my books. She's on Pinterest because she's very crafty and also does interesting things with foods. I'm sure there are ways to promote my books on Pinterest, but I immediately got sucked into the France world.
I've created one "board" that's called "Places to Visit in 2015."
I put a map as the background and pinned 4 different places on it. I attached pictures to each place. Two of the places, I've never visited, so I could choose pictures from Pinterest. Two of the places, I've been before, so I uploaded my own pictures.
I'm not sure what to do with it now, but I guess we'll see what happens.
But the most fun will be looking at the things other people have posted. When I typed in "France," the screen that came up was full of exciting options about France. Many regions of France were represented too.

Okay, sorry, I'm back. After I posted that picture and the link, I went back to Pinterest and kind of got caught up reading the articles. And one of the new French words I learned was "hop," which is pronounced "up" and basically is used where we might mutter "okay" to ourselves. See how handy Pinterest is going to be, if I don't spend all my time reading the articles.
Hope everyone else has something lovely to share about France. Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment. Please stop by the blogs of the others who share on Dreaming of France. 

8 comments:

Louise said...

I've dabbled at Pinterest, but really don't understand how it works, and it won't let me look at it properly because I've never joined, so then I get frustrated each time I visit. The internet consumes too much of my time already I think, so I'll just have to take you word for it at the moment, but I do love that there's more Francophiles out there to connect with- that's always good news.

Anonymous said...

really neat, I didn't know one could choose that format for Pinterest board. following you now - wordsandpeace

Paulita said...

Emma, Thanks for following me. Not sure how that works yet.
Louise, I agree that the internet is already a great time-sucker.

Sim Carter said...

I joined Pinterest a long time ago but didn't know how to use it or what to do — besides pinning a bunch of pictures. Now I've forgotten my account info and also agree I spend way too much time online as it is what with both blogs, twitter and now I'm back a bit on Facebook because our friend Louise posted some helpful stuff on my timeline:) :)

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Pinterest is totally addicting. I will follow you & check out all of the French stuff even though I try to stay away ....I have lost whole days there. =:0)

Esme said...

How fun-I like this but I am trying not to get too sucked into the web.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Oh my word , another friend who has joined Pinterest , I love it . It is very addictive , so I normally only look at night. I will follow you. It is very interesting Paulita .. and you see so much more that you might not know about.

Just Me said...

Omg you did a seemingly great job of describing Pinterest to a total non user who have tried to understand from a far. The France area sounds so attractive. Enjoy

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...