Sunday, January 03, 2016

Dreaming of France -- Books Set in France


Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France.

When I wrote my first book set in France, I had a hard time finding any novels or memoirs that took place in France. I'd been seduced by Peter Mayle's A Year in Provence, and I wanted to read more books that took me to Paris or Provence.
Since then, the field has become much more crowded, but I'm not complaining about it. I enjoy reading so many books with France as the backdrop, even as I continue to write my own novels.
Linda Kovic-Skow, author of the memoir French Illusions, has started a page on Goodreads called The Francophiles Group. It provides a place for French lovers to talk about books they've read and also offers book giveaways. This week, my novel, The Summer of France is available.
So if you're a member of Goodreads (and if you love to read, you should be), then you can join The Francophile Group. And while you're there, feel free to sign up to win a copy of The Summer of France. If you've already read it, then just go back later this month for another giveaway.

The banner on The Francophiles Group banner changes as new books are added. 
So if you love France and you love reading books set in France, join us on Goodreads. 
Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. I'd love it if you'd stick with me as I begin to prepare for my own move to France in less than a year and a half. 




4 comments:

Esme said...

Thank you for introducing me to this. I cannot wait to find some new great books.

Louise said...

Happy New Year Paulina. Thanks for telling us about the Francophile group- I'm off to check it out now- there can never be enough books set in France.

Sim Carter said...

Great resource! On a personal note, my husband actually looked up airfare for France. We’re looking at late spring or early fall. Pretty exciting just thinking about it. What do you think, season wise?

Paulita said...

Sim, Either spring or fall are terrific. I'm so excited for you.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...