Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Paragraph, Tuesday Teaser -- Marrying Up


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
This looks like a fun quick read. Marrying Up by Wendy Holden, which describes itself as a romantic comedy. Here's the intro:
"Miss! Miss!" Squinting in the bright sunshine, the little boy with the trowel was waving at Polly. "I've found something, Miss. It's Roman. Definitely Roman."
 

Also this week is Teaser Tuesdays.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
Open to a random page of your current read and share a teaser sentence from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
Here's mine from page 92:
Her husband rounded on her furiously. "All crown princes of Sedona wear military uniform from the age of six. It's --"
"Traditional?" offered the Queen, meeting his gaze boldly.


What do you think?

9 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I could use something light right about now so I know I'd read at least a few more pages. This one is new to me, but hope you like it.

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

Trish said...

hmmm. not my usual type of read but interesting!
Trish - My Teaser

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This does look intriguing...thanks for sharing.

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Juli Rahel said...

Oooh men in uniforms, I would never complain about that! ;) Thanks for sharing :)
My Teaser
Juli @ Universe in Words

Nise' said...

I'm seeing this book all over. Hope you are enjoying it.

Vyki @ On The Shelf said...

Sounds interesting! Men in uniforms is never a bad thing. Thanks for visiting!

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Love a man in uniform! Great teaser!

Kit Frazier said...

I love it! I'm glad I found you--or I'm glad you found me and I found you back :)

Linda said...

Cute and light-soemtimes that just what you want.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...