Sunday, September 22, 2013

Dreaming of France -- Autumn Skies

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
Autumn is my favorite time of year.
I know people say that autumn makes people ready to start something new -- a new school year or a return to the job. For me, I really long for France in Autumn. I've had two terrific vacations in France in the fall. 
So here are a couple of photos of Autumn in France.

This one was taken in Normandy. I know the sky is clearer and bluer in the fall. That's definitely true here with the fading leaves in the foreground.
And here's a square in Aix en Provence with the sun and shadows making pictures on the buildings. 
Shall I meet you at the cafe there and we'll have a glass of wine and enjoy the sunshine?

10 comments:

Esme said...

that sky is a lovely shade of blue. Why is autumn your favourite season?

Joy said...

I loved the light in France in the spring -- it must be glorious in the fall!

Joy's Book Blog

Paulita said...

Esme, The color of the sky is one of the things I love. I guess the humidity of the summer adds a haze, so the autumn makes the color of the sky crisper. I also love the way the air smells and the changing leaves, football, pumpkin bread, apple cider, cuddling under a blanket. When I lived in Florida for five years, I missed the autumn the most.

Sim Carter said...

The picture with the shadows on the buildings really takes me there! yes, go ahead and order for me please, I'll be there in a minute.

Jacqui Brown said...

Come to Paris with me, I've read a really different book set there. Hope you have a great week Paulita

Sim Carter said...

Paulita I found that French film I mentioned - based on French book - Une jeune fille aux cheveaux blancs - and I've shared the trailer. It looks delish!

Linda said...

Ah, Aix. I really miss it.

Just Me said...

It occurred to me that because I don't spend a second mourning Summer, (it will return) I get to enjoy every minute of Fall. My favorite too.

Maria said...

Hello Paulita, this is a late visit and link up for Dreaming of France. I spent my quiet Sunday morning reading about your posts and I specially liked that one when you didn't throw a fit when your teenager didn't eat the breakfast you lovingly prepared.

I'm mid-20 and one of my greatest fears is how would I properly raise my child. Perhaps we can have a rendezvous on that cafe/resto, drink wine, and you can teach me on this matter ;-)

Louise said...

I'd love to have a French autumnal holiday- I've only ever been in spring and summer- delightful of course, but I'm ready for something new. Lovely pictures.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...