Monday, December 13, 2010

More Wine, Less Whine

Okay, I want credit for not whining last week about all of the essays I had to grade. You may recall that last year as the quarter grew to a close, I was hyperventilating about all the work I had to do.
This fall, I taught six classes. I started with five, but one teacher quit in the middle of the quarter and I took over his class, so that landed me with six classes. Each started with 25 students, although some of them dropped out before the end.
I tried to arrange my schedule a little better. I had my in-person classes turn in papers the week before finals. My three online classes turned in their final essays a week ago Sunday. Then all six classes turned in essays for their final exams last week.
I graded and graded and graded. I didn't complain, right? You didn't see me whining on my blog.
So now, I want a little credit. Grades are finished and submitted to the system. I've carefully downloaded everything into an Excel document for the school secretary.
I'm finished!!
I think a round of applause is in order for me.
Six more classes begin on January 3. But, I'll think about that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Lucia said...

good for you! on to bigger and better things.

Sheila said...

woo-hoo, so when are we celebrating with that wine?

Paulita said...

Come on over. I've got no place to go until Friday.

Stephanie said...

Wow. Now I remember. You were losing it this time last year. What a difference a year makes, huh? You've evolved.

Linda said...

Way to go! You deserve a break, adulation and some wine. I would have been whining like crazy.

BFF said...

Again, we get no credit for what we don't say. Go ahead, complain, that's what I'm here for

Just Me said...

Sorry I'm late but GOOD JOB !

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...