Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Book

It's been a while since I concentrated on writing a new book. I've worked on revising and sporadically contacting agents to sell my current book, but my writing time has been squandered grading papers.
On a run the other morning, I got a new book idea that I'm excited about. I don't want to give it all away, but I will tell you that it's non-fiction, which means I'll get to use my journalism skills. (I have a master's degree in Journalism from American University.)
And the subject of the book, something everyone loves, vacation.
I'm going to need to interview people about their ideal vacations, not just the place but the moment to moment joys of vacation.
Here's a photo from one of my favorite things to do on vacation.

What about you? What do you love about your vacations? And, are you willing to let me interview you for my potential book?

5 comments:

Linda said...

I'd love to be interviewed. Vacations are my favorite thing.

Delana@dujour said...

There's vacations...and there's traveling. Two different animals. My vacations always involve water. Soothes the soul. And you can interview me any time you want!

Paulita said...

Linda and Delana, You guys are perfect to interview because you already live in some of the best vacation spots!

Stephanie said...

Great idea Paulita!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Hey, Paulita, I think this is a great idea.... I admire you for taking on such a project.
I like Delana, believe there are vacations...and then there is traveling. I never think of my trips to France as a vacation & rarely go on what I would call a vacation.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...