Saturday, December 03, 2011

Saturday Snapshot -- Pez Dispensers

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

I usually try to find something artsy or beautiful to include for my Saturday Snapshot, but this week, this display cracked me up. The picture isn't even very good, but I never thought I'd see the day when The Lord of the Rings characters, those brave and honorable men were Pez dispensers.


Which then, of course, reminded me of the Seinfeld "Pez Dispenser" episode. Which I can't embed in my blog, too tech inept, but you can see it at the link above.

18 comments:

Grace said...

That is absolutely hilarious!! I would want that set if they had included Merry and Pippen instead of Bilbo.

Louise said...

Oh that's too much! I'm sure my LOTR loving husband would actually love them.

Trish said...

Ahahaha thanks for the morning chuckle! They're too cute :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen those, but then I don't frequent candy counters. I remember buying Pez candy when we were quite young.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, that is almost irreverent...but then again, doesn't everyone need to be taken down a peg (or pez!)or two?

Thanks for making me laugh today!

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT and
MY WEBSITE

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Too funny. My daughter had a huge PEZ collection from the late 70's and 80's. I'll have to ask her about it, as maybe some are worth something now?? LOL

Nise' said...

My sons would like those because they are LOTR!

Stephanie said...

Ooh. Viggo Mortensen even looks hot as a Pez dispenser. Who'd have thought?

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

That is too funny! I like Pez and would want to eat the candy and I suppose those are collector's items.

Alyce said...

That's one of the few episodes of Seinfeld I like. :) Those are fun pez dispensers!

Irene said...

I'd have to buy one if I ever saw it around here. My boys would love it. They are both into LOTR and Pez

Jill Buck said...

In high school I had a friend who collected Pez dispensers. That looks like quite the set!

bermudaonion said...

They'll make Pez dispensers out of anything!

BFF said...

Did it make you think of the boys? Perfect Christmas gift would be a set of family Pez dispensers

Staci said...

I had to laugh at that too!! Pez dispensers...just not right..

Helen's Book Blog said...

Nothing seems to be beyond the PEZ reach! Great photo

Lady In Read said...

that is so cool.. I remember and loved the Seinfeld pez episode..

BFF said...

Still wish I had the star wars ones. Hilarious

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...