Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Gift Snafu

Consumer Reports magazine has a section at the back called "Selling It" that pokes fun at the warnings or advertising used for products. I should definitely send in this one.
About a month before Christmas, I bought a travel mug as a gift and wrapped it up, looking forward to the day it was unwrapped and admired.

The handsome brown mug has a no-skid bottom and an aluminum insert so the hot beverage doesn't taste like plastic.
Then we opened the mug and saw the instructions.

I'm not sure how helpful this mug will be for drinking coffee or tea when it can't be filled with hot liquids.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

what the heck :)

aguja said...

Hilarious! Who was designing and marketing this one, I wonder??

Just Me said...

That is hilarious!

We purchased a beautiful bamboo salad bowl with awesome forks for someone. I opened it up to be nosy and on the bottom there were scary warnings related to not wash .... yikes.

I put it back in the box and chose to ignore - Thank goodness I won't be present when it's opened it had to be shipped across the country.

BFF said...

That makes me laugh. Love all the scary warnings required now. I choose to ignore

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That is crazy! Should return for a refund.

Unknown said...

nice post. Now you can use this indian importers directory to promote christmas gifts import & export business.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...