Sunday, August 09, 2015

Dreaming of France -- Provence Video by The New York Times


Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

After a couple of very hectic days, on Sunday morning, I had the chance to enjoy some down time.
The yeasty smell of rising croissants waiting to be baked greeted me as I walked through the empty house; everyone else was sleeping.
I clicked on an email link my friend Najah had sent me. The title was "36 Hours in Provence." I saw that the video ran 6 minutes long, so I hesitated. Did I have time to watch a 6-minute video.
Yes! I deserved six minutes in Provence, but first I made a cup of coffee and steamed the milk until it was frothy.
Then I took my computer and my coffee to the cool air of the front porch and clicked start.
36 Hours in Provence

Unfortunately, the video is available to upload directly to my blog, so I've captured a shot from the video and included the link here. It's definitely worth  your time if you want to long to visit Provence. The video focused a bit too much on "going out" kinds of clubs rather than the gorgeous landscapes and Roman architecture that I'm entranced by, but maybe some of you are looking for hot clubs to visit. 
The New York Times also did a video call "36 Hours in Nice" and I can upload that one here. 
Grab a cup of coffee and a croissant and join me!



Where would you rather spend 36 hours - Provence or Nice?
Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. Please leave a comment and visit each other's blogs, too, so you can get your fix of France dreams.


8 comments:

The French Hutch said...

Ahh, tough question! I enjoyed Nice but I would rather spend my time in Provence.
Thanks for hosting...........

Paulita said...

French Hutch, Me too.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

We spent a month in Nice over 30 years ago. How I would like to go back to see it again!

grammajudyb said...

Thanks for the link to the videos. I can visit by watching, as I don't suppose I will ever get the chance to actually visit in person.

Sim Carter said...

Home made croissants?! Really! Oh, Paulita you put me to shame.

Paulita said...

Sim, They were Trader Joe's. They come frozen and I set them out the night before to let them rise.

Esme said...

Provence-Nice is too commercial and large.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Thanks for video links Paulita , earmarked to watch later .. As you know I love France. ♥

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...