Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday Intros -- Villa America


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.

I lucked upon this book in the library -- Villa America by Liza Klaussmann.
When I picked it up to read the inside cover, an American couple from New York move their family to the South of France and become part of the elite group of the Hemingways, Fitzgeralds and Picasso. Say no more! I'm in.
Here's the intro:
The sky was as blue as a robin's egg on the afternoon they pulled Owen Chambers's body out of the  Baie des Anges. It had taken three days before they could reach him -- spring tides off the coast of Antibes, a lack of proper equipment -- and he was almost unrecognizable when he was finally recovered, seaweed wending its way through his tangled blond hair. 
I'm definitely intrigued. I hope I enjoy.
Looking forward to finding other books that everyone is reading.

7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, my, that was quite the visual image. The book sounds good...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

Greg said...

Yeah that blurb does make it sound appealing. The south of france, family drama... sounds good! :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That's a great intro, I'd read more.

Mystica said...

A yes from me!

Monica's Bookish Life said...

I'd keep reading! And I love the cover, too.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like there's a lot to like about this book: South of France, illustrious characters, and a drowning. That's got to be good!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

aguja said...

Visual impact that intrigues!

I am back. Hope you will stop by my blog sometime.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...