Sunday, September 13, 2015

Dreaming of France -- Monet's Garden


Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

We first visited Monet's Garden in 1998. We learned about it from a children's book, Linnea in Monet's Garden, which features a little girl from Sweden who visits Paris to see the gardens of the famous artist.

We were staying with a French friend, Marguerite, in Paris when we said we wanted to visit Monet's Garden. She had never heard of it, so she came along with us.
Here we are on the lovely bridge that Monet painted so often. Marguerite is in the red coat, dressed for winter as the French do right up until summer erupts. I'm holding Tucker, who was 2. Spencer was 4 and Grace 6.


Here's a shot of the pond and the gorgeous weeping willows.


 Here's a show of Monet's pink house with the green shutters from the gardens.

I'm not sure if this cat was in the window at Monet's house or elsewhere in France, but the stucco wall and the green window trim with the lace curtains make me think it was Monet's house. 

Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. I'm hopeful that more people will begin to join us now that summer is ending. I appreciate your participation and hope that you'll share your love for France with the rest of us. 

5 comments:

Sim Carter said...

Monet’s Garden really is gorgeous! I love how your picture mimic’s the book cover. Le Sigh: That’s something I really need to put on my bucket list.

Esme said...

His gardens is one of my favourite places to visit. Each season has a lovely variety of flowers to enjoy.

Vicki said...

Love the photos!! One day I hope to visit France.

Jacqui Brown said...

I will get there. One day!!! Love your pics!

Just Me said...

Oh my the pictures are so beautiful that they seem unreal. Love seeing the kids at that age. All seem very animated.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...