Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday Intros -- The Trouble with Words


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
I'm starting a new novel by my author friend Suzie Tullett. She's written a novel set in France since she recently moved there. What a life she has! She used to live in Greece and wrote a novel set there.
The book is available for pre-order now and comes out in the beginning of October.
Here's the intro:
Annabel checked her watch and groaned. She'd always had a problem with punctuality. No matter how hard she tried, how early she left the house, or even how fast she drove, she always seemed to be running late -- a reality that  had only gotten worse over the last couple of years. Despite these good intentions, it seemed even days like today weren't enough to get her act together. Then again was it any wonder? As she was lost in her own thoughts most of the time, minutes often turned into hours without her even realising it.  
The book features Annabel, a young widow, who is determined to have a baby and searching for the right man to provide what she needs.
Here's the link to the book on Amazon if you want to know more. The Trouble With Words.
I'll be doing a full review of the book in early October, so watch for it.

9 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I can relate. I used to be early everywhere and then I had a child and now I feel like no matter how early I try to be, I am always running late. Thank you for sharing!

Suzie Tullett said...

Thanks for featuring me, Paulita. Very kind of you. Hope you enjoy the rest of the book x

Sandra Nachlinger said...

The setting and plot of this book appeal to me. I like the way the author describes Annabel in the opening, and the idea of a woman searching for a man to help her make a baby sounds like an intriguing story with lots of opportunity for drama. I'll read this one!
My Tuesday post features A Weekend Getaway

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I do want to know more about this story and these characters, so I'm adding it to my list. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Greg said...

I think the premise of this one is very interesting. And I also can relate, as I'm always late (seems like) unless I watch the time. :) I laughingly tell myself my appts are a half hour earlier than they are so I make it on time.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hmm, not sure this one would be for me, but hope you enjoy it.

Nise' said...

Looking forward to your thoughts on the book.

grammajudyb said...

I'm adding this one to my list. Sounds like a good read. I'm usually early no matter what, but I sympathize with Annabel.

Kym said...

Oh my gosh, yes, I am always running late too. I'd read some more just because I can relate to that!
Here's my Teaser/Intro for this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/09/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first_15.html

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...