Sunday, September 06, 2015

Dreaming of France -- Move News


Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

Today, I went paddle boarding on the Cape Fear River in North Carolina.

You might be scratching your head about how this relates to Dreaming of France, but I realized that I've accomplished all of the things on my Dream List, except for moving to France.
We found out this week that Earl is keeping his job at the newspaper, so our plans to sell our house and take off for France have been put on hold for a while. I wrote about these worries earlier this summer in the post France Dreams Coming True.
Knowing my husband will keep his job is a good thing. We're more in charge of our destiny now since we get to decide when we move to France rather than moving because of a job loss.
We still plan to take our next adventure, but we are putting it off probably until next autumn. That will give us the chance to get a second kid through college.
With that in mind, we hope to visit France for the month of May next year to visit different areas and determine where we want to live.
Maybe we'll end up with a house like thin in the Vaucluse, near Provence.

I hope everyone else's dreams of France are coming true, and I do plan to update my dream list so that I can keep having new experiences.



6 comments:

Mystica said...

My Paris dream is hopefully coming true in February. I know its a winter month and I dont know how I will cope but this is the only free time for me!

Sim Carter said...

I don’t know whether to be happy or sad for you! But it’s true, this way you guys have total control about when you go and where you go. That’s an exciting chapter, figuring all that fun stuff out!

Louise said...

Thanks for the update Paulita, I've been wondering what would happen. I'm glad you're happy with how things are going- no job losses is always good. It's always important to have an active dream list to be working your way through. I'm not sure when my next trip to Paris will be, but I'm always working towards it...

Lee I said...

Mystica, some friends and I had a ball in Paris in January one year. The pace is laid back, not swarmed with tourists.

Paulita said...

Mystica, I'm so excited for you. Even in January, you'll find many things to love about Paris

Unknown said...

I was/am looking forward to your move to France someday, but I'm really happy you'll be around here longer. 😄

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...