Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Love France Meme -- Rooftops

This week, I'm starting the I Love France meme that is sponsored by Words and Peace. I know this won't shock many of you who read my blog regularly.
So what to share about France? It's so hard to choose.
I thought I'd go with a simple photo that definitely says France to me.

This photo was taken from our friend's apartment in Nantes. They have a top floor apartment that overlooks both the chateau de Nantes and the cathedral. Everything is perfect, except that 5-floor walk up, but that's probably what keeps them healthy.
Obviously, the other view is of rooftops. Why do these roofs look so French?

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Unbelievable and definitely French.
Love the roof tops

Jeanie said...

I love this photo! You're right -- it does say France! There is something magical about the rooftops. Such charm!

danasparkle said...

i love France too. living here for 3months. Shutters are my favourites. *

Sim said...

C'est magnifique! That's the extent of my French and I don't even know if I spelled that right.
Also wanted to let you know that I started your book, The Summer of France (how apropos!) last night and I'm loving it! One look at those real French doors and I was a goner. Just met Christophe by name, poor Grayson better watch out! And I love her; she's so determined and spunky yet has an endearing insecure streak too. Kudos!

The Plot Thickens

Every good novels has twists, turns and setbacks, but this isn't a novel -- it's my life. Nevertheless, we received a setback on Mo...