Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday Intros -- Bluebonnets for Elly

Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
Today, I'm featuring a book by a fellow blogger, Bluebonnets for Elly by Sandra Nachlinger. I'm not usually a romance reader, but who can't use a little romance in their lives?
Here's the intro:
If I can just make it to the gate, no one will suspect.Elly pulled the yellow plastic hood over her head and tucked in a stray red curl. Her feet planted on the golf cart's floorboard, she turned the key, shifted the cart into forward, and floored the accelerator. With a look over her shoulder, she sped out of the carport and onto Bluebonnet Lane. 
Sounds like there's more excitement than romance going on here. I'm looking forward to reading it.
The author, Sandra Nachlinger, blogs at Writing With a Texas Twang. This is the first book I've read by her.

I can't wait to see what everyone else is reading.

6 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I've been eyeing this one too, Paula. I like the intro. I wonder where she's going in such a hurry.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

What a delightful surprise! Thank you for featuring my latest book on your blog today. I hope you enjoy the story.

Kay said...

She's doing a getaway in a golf cart? LOL

Maybe her cart goes faster than the ones I've been in. ;-)

Kay said...

I do love the bluebonnets though. And it's been a while since I read a romance. Will keep it in mind. And also not hit 'post' quite so soon. LOL

Suzie Quint said...

I need to read this. I've read Sandra's other book and enjoyed it a lot.

grammajudyb said...

I read Bluebonnets for Elly several months ago. I liked it a lot. Hope you do to.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...