Tuesday, June 23, 2015

25 Years Ago Today

Earl and I were married in front of a creek lined with tiger lilies in a holler in Kentucky, technically Daniel Boone National Forest, on paper in my parents' front yard, a blueberry farm. The weather bloomed sunny and warm as I dressed in the loft bedroom with my best friend from high school helping me as my maid of honor.
Here's a photo of our newly ringed fingers on our wedding day.
And here are our much older hands today. The rings are still intact. 
People who say marriage is easy, well good for them. I think marriage is full of ups and downs, some spectacularly joyous moments and some sad moments when you aren't sure this is going to work.
If you keep plugging along each rolls into the next and maybe you'll find yourself married to the same man 25 years later, planning ways to make life even more exciting, liked moving to France.
My hair looks pretty big here, but I clearly adore my groom. 
Still in love 25 years later, with flowers in my hair and a bouquet picked from my yard. 

5 comments:

Just Me said...

A big congrats Paulita. You two are just as beautiful today. Hope you guys have a great day. May you grow old together.

P.S. I agree with you. Anyone can get married but working through the day to day stuff takes a willing to look at yourself. Never easy but certainly worthwhile.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Congrats on this impressive milestone---loved the pics.

Lucia said...

Congratulations all the best on your 25th xoxox

Noreen said...

I love these pictures, especially your hands! Congratulations Paulita and Earl! Twenty-five years is quite a milestone. Can you believe that you are old enough to have been married that long? The passing of time always astounds me.

grammajudyb said...

Congratulations on 25 years! I hope the next 25 bring joy and fulfillment, mostly happiness and good things.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...