Sunday, March 29, 2015

Dreaming of France -- Food

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
Obviously, food is a huge draw to France.
In France, I eat a lot of things that I might not at home.  American foie gras? I don't think so. I'm not even likely to eat lamb or duck when I'm in the United States, but those are my go-to meals when I'm in France.
But my all time favorite thing to eat when I'm in France is salad with goat cheese.
Usually, the salads have little pieces of toast with rounds of goat cheese on them. If I'm careful in my bite calculations, I can have a bit of toast and goat cheese with each bite of salad.

This salad had three separate kinds of goat cheese and I forgot to take a picture until I had eaten half of it. 
This salad in Marseille had wedges of deep-fried goat cheese. 

Luckily, I found goat cheese salads pretty much everywhere we went. 
How bout  you? Is there something that you look forward to eating in France?
Please leave a comment and visit each other's blogs to share more about your love for France.



9 comments:

Esme said...

Oh I could eat magnet de canard and foie gras anytime. I adore goat cheese in my salad.

Sim Carter said...

Half eaten salad or not, that's a beautiful picture! Hey, I'm hoping lots of your readers hop over to my Dreaming of France entry today. I watched Gigi and matched up all the scenes to their shooting locations in Paris. Some of them were easy like Maxim's, Some of them, like where Gigi lives were harder to find. I think it would be fun to go to Paris and visit them all. I found 12; if you have pix from any of the spots, I'd love to see them!

Paulita said...

Sim, What a terrifically fun idea. Shall we have a dreaming of France field trip and all meet in Paris to search for Gigi sights?

Jacqui Brown said...

This week my trip to a boulangerie has taught me a funny story about French traditions, I hope you enjoy it too!

Sim Carter said...

That does sound like fun doesn't it, Paulita? I wish I'd written this before your trip, I'd love to see a pic of you and Earl at Maxim's! BTW, watching Gigi again has made me fall in love with Louis Jourdan all over again. He must have been my first French crush! Do you remember yours?

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Sorry I am late!

Yum to salade aux chèvre chaud one of my favorites too!!

Leovi said...

Yes, that rich food ...!

Louise said...

Oh Paulita I look forward to EVERYTHING I eat in France, warm goats cheese salad being one. And duck, and lamb- but then I'd eat them at home too. Then there all the patisseries and baguettes, not to forget champagne (domestic only in France) and vin rouge...

Linda said...

My favorite memory of my first meal in France was a Salade Chèvre Chaud. All those textures and tastes are still my favorite.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...