Friday, April 25, 2014

To-Do List

Yesterday I was kvetching about my to-do list. At the time, I didn't realize that it would have another item thrown in there.
I got a text from Grace in the morning asking if she could borrow my wedding dress.
No, she isn't getting married, but her character, Elaine, in The Graduate is. The dress they had found for her buttoned up the back in those tiny, white, cloth-covered buttons. She couldn't possibly make a wardrobe change in that.
The problem with wearing my wedding dress -- I'm seven inches shorter than Grace.
I immediately sent texts to all my tall friends asking if they had their wedding dresses and whether they zipped up the back.
Luckily, I found one.
So added to my day, a drive over to my friend's house to pick up the dress. A drive up to Grace at school where she tried on the dress and felt so gorgeous in this dress with its full skirt of tulle.
I hope she feels this giddy when we go shopping for her actual wedding dress someday. 
I'm still getting through the rest of the things on my to-do list, like calling car insurance agents, but tonight, I get to go watch Grace perform.
Here's another photo she sent in her hips 60 wear.
Hope your Friday night is groovy, baby. 


2 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Oh she looks gorgeous in that beautiful dress …you both look beautiful! Best wishes for a great play….already a wonderful experience for all.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Grace looks wonderful , it is a good job your friends have kept their wedding dresses too:-)

Hope the play went well x

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...