Sunday, April 06, 2014

Dreaming of France -- Flower Fields

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
Planning a trip to France this spring?
If so,  you may see fields of yellow flowers, like I did in May 1991 when my husband and I went on our year-after honeymoon.
We stayed with friends in the center of France near Bourges then made our way to the Alps for a few nights.
Here's a much more carefree me in my colorful clothes standing in a field of rapeseed. 
Although I didn't know it yet, I was already pregnant with Grace. No wonder she loves France so much. She was just the size of a tiny mustard seed when I posed in this field. 



4 comments:

Louise said...

What a great photo, made even more special by later finding out you were pregnant. It must be a special memory for you.

Just Me said...

There is a special feeling to the photo as if you knew the Grace was on her way into your life.

Lucia said...

Beautiful for the person in the picture and the person in the person in the picture.

Adria said...

Cool photo and memory! And those fields are amazing. Bright yellow as far as the eye can see! Springtime is one of the best times in France.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...