Two years ago at this time, I was in a fully tizzy for Grace's party. I'm pretty sure I even took some time off work to make sure everything got done.
This year, I accepted some substitue hours for Friday morning. I have done nothing for the upcoming party. I haven't started cleaning. I don't have lists of tasks to accomplish. I don't have lists of ingredients for food.
I have ordered a bakery cake and sent out invitations.
I think part of the problem is that I'm throwing the party with two other moms. Two of the boys are twins, which is why we end up with four graduates. I must be feeling like they're going to take care of things. But I know they won't clean my house, so what am I waiting for?
So here's what I better do before I go to work today:
- Make a list of cleaning that needs to get done on Friday
- Make a list of ingredients I need for my turtle cakes and pineapple upside down cakes I'm baking
- Make a list of ingredients for the pasta salad.
- Check to see if I have enough plates and silverware.
- Wine!! I need to buy wine and make sangria.
- Better get some pop, cause the 18-year-olds don't get to drink wine.
- Stop by Sheila's house for the canopy I'm borrowing and drink some wine.