Sunday, April 03, 2016

Dreaming of France -- Cheese


Thank you for joining this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

Although wine is the first food or drink people think of connected to France, cheese is not far behind.

From my first extended trip to France, the French people began teaching me how to correctly eat cheese. Cheeses need to be cut in a certain way. 

Some of them need to be eaten on buttered bread and others on plain baguette.
I can't remember a kind of cheese that I haven't enjoyed when experimenting in France.
This is a cheese shop in Nantes. Do you think you'd be able to find a kind of cheese you like?
I'm not to the point where I'd choose a cheese plate over dessert, but I do enjoy a course of cheese before we get to the dessert.
This is a cheese house. The French don't believe in refrigerating cheese,
so they like to set it out and they want to keep the flies off the cheese.
I challenge you to travel in France and not find delightful cheeses that you love, whether in restaurants or at the markets.

6 comments:

Sim Carter said...

Pretty cheesy! We have a micro-mini version of this at Monsieur Marcel at the Farmers Market here in Hollywood. Don’t get me started on cheese, I can gobble up a full sized wedge of brie in an evening. Not good! And actually, now I’m remembering the baked brie balls my then-fiance, now hubby, ate on our first date. Do they do baked brie in France? Ok, hungry now. Must go and try to eat cheese, cottage cheese that is. Somehow I’ve blown up 20 pounds in the last year!

Esme said...

I so want a Cheese box. I love cheese and that is the best part about returning to France with my Dad so does he.

our life in france said...

I want a cheesebox too, I haven't seen them here but maybe they would be found in the troc's, I will have a look, I also would like to know how to cut and eat cheese, mabe it will tell me in the book I am waiting for ( French Toast) it is still in the very slow postal system here somewhere.I think I have joined in Paulita if I have done it wrong let me know

Paulita said...

Sim, Esme, and Roz, Thanks so much for playing along and leaving comments. I guess we all love cheese!

Sim Carter said...

Arggggh!

Linda said...

Cheese just tastes better in France. Mostly it's because the best ones don't use pasteurised milk. I love the blue cheeses the best and, in fact, I think I like Stilton from England the best, followed by Papillon.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...