Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Tuesday Intros - Love From Paris


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
Alexandra Potter wrote Love From Paris about a young Brit who is stood up by her American
boyfriend on her birthday so she goes to stay with a friend in Paris.
Here's the opening:
OK, calm down, it's got to be here somewhere.Rushing around my bedroom, I grab hold of my make-up bag and start rifling through it. Which of course is completely futile. I mean, is it just me, or does anyone ever pu a lip gloss in their make-up bag? It's always stuffed in a coat pocket gathering fluff. Or lost in a random handbag. Or stuck down the back of the sofa, top off, smearing pink gloop everywhere...
This book is definitely chick lit, which I enjoy many times. I'm a little worried because the next step is the friend in Paris representing an apartment that has been  untouched for 60 years, which is what The Paris Apartment was about. This is obviously a different take on it.
Hope you're reading something fun.

5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I do love the sound of this one, and can relate to the mad dash of someone seeking an essential item, whether it's lipstick or the car keys. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “FRICTION”


Literary Feline said...

I like the sound of this one too. I can never find my lip gloss either. It's always in some forgotten pocket or at the very bottom on my purse and can only be found if I pull everything out. Ugh. Same with keys, as Laurel-Rain mentioned.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Nope, I couldn't read this one. I do hope it's fun for you.

our life in france said...

I received my copy of French Toast today, can't wait to read it

grammajudyb said...

Love the sound of this introduction. It reminds me of my youngest granddaughter. "big smile"

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...