Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday Snapshots -- Interesting Things

Join West Metro Mommy for this weekly meme of photos people have taken and share on their blogs.

I'm always looking for interesting things. When I parked at work on Friday, I loved seeing these tiny piles of stacked stones. Apparently, they're meant to imitate cairns, which is Gaelic and the stones were balanced to memorialize loved ones. Now stacked stones might be anywhere, even in parking lots.


After a sleepless night because of family worries, I cancelled my run and instead went for a walk this morning. Our little city was preparing for a race with flags marking the routes, and I saw this elaborate colorful drawing. 


And finally, as I neared the end of my walk on this gloomy sky day, I noticed this delightfully pink tree. And I couldn't resist taking a picture.

I hope everyone else is finding joy today, wherever you can. 

9 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sometimes the fastest way to feel better is to slow down. Sounds like your walk did wonders for your spirit. Enjoy the weekend.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you....I hope your journey gets easier.
When I saw the stones, I immediately thought they had been arranged by a child. Kids have a way of seeing the beauty in things underfoot and making art out of it.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I loved your walk! Maybe I would walk more if I could find these treasures. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Just Me said...

I loved your walk too. And as always I love how your mind works and your sense of humor. Hugs.

Terra said...

Your photos are wonderful and I like the variety of the subject matter.

grammajudyb said...

Great photos and taking the time to "smell the roses" or "notice the small stuff" as it were! I too thought children may have had a hand in the stone stacking. Whomever did it, glad you noticed!

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

This is a fun photo series! I love the different little things you found along your week to photograph - the pink tree, the little rocks, very cool.

our life in france said...

I am sorry to hear you are struggling with problems at the moment, hope all goes well, we have been out and about looking to see what treasures to find, here are some of ours http://france-ourlifeinfrance.blogspot.fr/

Suey said...

Awesome pictures! We have cairns all over the hikes here in Utah, some on purpose and some on accident!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...