Saturday, January 23, 2016

Breakfast Obsession

I am obsessed with breakfast food lately. And not just at breakfast.
In the past two weeks, I've made blueberry yogurt muffins -- twice. I prepared croissants and pineapple for breakfast before Spencer returned to school.

Last Sunday, I fixed pancakes and sausage for lunch when we got home from mass.
On Tuesday, as I worked out at the YMCA, someone on TV was talking about French toast. I made French toast when I returned home, just for myself because everyone else was asleep or at work.
On Wednesday, I prepared Belgian waffles and bacon for dinner.
This morning, I cooked scrambled eggs with sauteed tomatoes.
I'm not sure why I've been fixated on breakfast food.
When I was a kid, I refused to eat breakfast food. My mom or I would fix half of a peanut butter sandwich, and I would go to school after eating the folded over sandwich and drinking a cup of milk.
Hopefully, I'm just getting all of these delicious breakfast foods out of my system.
I think my family would agree that the yummiest are the blueberry yogurt muffins.
Here's the recipe from Taste of Home website.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
But I make these even more caloric by adding a streusel topping from the Southern Living cookbook.
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter softened
Mix the streusel and sprinkle on top of the muffins.
Hope I didn't make you all hungry.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh my gosh YUM. It all sounds and looks delicious. I would be obsessed too if I had you cooking for me.

Paulita said...

Wish I could cook for you, friend.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...