Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dreaming of France -- Cannes Beach circa 1983

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
Maybe we can all satisfy our yearnings for France, until we get there again
I have only visited France two times in August. And the first time I went, the camera I had was one of those little square instamatics. The photos are not stellar, but still I thought you'd enjoy seeing how crowded the beach was in Cannes on this long ago day in 1983.

The cluster of clothed people in the middle was the student tour I was on. They spread lunch on a mat there and we all descended like vultures.
If you enlarge the photo, you can see the more scantily clad French people.
I'd even brave the crowds if I could return to France this summer.


3 comments:

Louise said...

I haven't made it to the south of France, I must make an effort one time, but it would mean dragging myself out of Paris....

Maria Kristina Maano said...

I learned how to confidently wear a two-piece bikini, going to the beach with Frenchies.

Thanks so much for the follow and for running this meme! :)

Joy said...

Cool memory!

Dreaming of France -- Moving Misadventures

Thank you for joining this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us you...