Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wardrobe Updates

Shopping is not something I enjoy. I like to go with a goal in mind, buy it, and come home. I know, weird.
Today I went to Macys in search of a dress for our trip to Paris. I didn't have a particular dress style or color in mind. I am getting better at choosing styles that look good on me -- smaller waist, full skirt. And I found this one with a swooping v-neck and a belt around the waist. I had to keep trying on smaller and smaller sizes, which says something about the dressmaker rather than any weight loss on my part.
The dress is a classic, Marilyn Monroe kind and Earl insisted I twirl while he took my picture. It's Jones of New York and its a polished cotton with a silky under liner.
The shoes I knew would be tricky. I want stylish shoes that feel good so I can walk for miles. Comfort and fashion just don't go together. I found these shoes called Jambu. Cute t-strap. Strap around the ankle as is the fashion this year. The shoe saleslady had a pair of this brand on and swears they are comfortable for working in. They feel very cushy on the bottoms of my feet. The verdict is still out on whether the leather tops will rub. I'm going to wear them around the house for awhile to test them.
Now my friends can stop worrying that I have nothing to wear in France. I have a dress and a pair of shoes. What else could I need?

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh that skirt is too cute (as are the shoes) your waist does look so tiny in it! I have a gift card for Macy's and some coupons but I've been waiting until I lose a bit more weight. But I'll definitely have to go before my trip to Seattle. Not quite as exciting as Paris, but we can't all be world travelers. Hmm I wonder though if I'm dressing for the locale should I just wear jeans, flannels and birkenstocks? :)

Stephanie said...

Oh my god! What a perfect day to buy a dress like that! And we have all just fallen in love with Earl for insisting that you twirl! What a man!

Paulita said...

Sheila, You'll definitely be comfortable in jeans and birkenstocks.
Stephanie, You already have a crush on the man. Admit it. But remember the grass is always greener...

Linda said...

Bring your most comfortable shoes, even if they are tennis shoes. Nothing worse than blisters and hurting feet in a city like Paris. That said, I love the dress.

Just saying said...

So cute and so cute on you !

BFF said...

That's a cat cal whistle from me you're hearing in the background. Love you

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...