Sunday, July 26, 2015

Dreaming of France -- Cassis

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

While we were in the South of France in March, we took a day trip to Cassis. It's one of those villages that you hear about where people are charmed. Surprise, we were too.
When we arrived, we learned that market day was in full swing. The streets are narrow on normal days and blocked off on market days. We parked in the municipal lot and wound our way to the center of town to the tables and tents of the market.
I stopped at an adorable toy store and bought a pop-up puppet for my friend Emily's new baby. The puppet was Puss-in-Boots. I didn't take a picture of the puppet, but I did snap a photo of this adorable ride-on toy that looks like a lady bug.

Here's a picture from the edge of the market, which was fine, because we didn't need to do any food shopping any way. You can see the lovely pale-colored buildings and the distinctive trees trimmed closely, their leave not out yet.

And just a few steps from the market was the harbor. 


After walking down to the beach, we returned to the buildings you can see behind the boats and we had a cup of coffee. 

If you look closely,  you can see me and Earl in this picture. He's reflected in my sunglasses. Also, notice the cliff behind me.
Everywhere we turned the scenery was beautiful.
Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. Please leave a comment and visit each other's blogs, too, so you can get your fix of France dreams.
Hope everyone is having a sun-shine filled July. I'm hooking up with Paris in July as the month sadly comes to an end. 




10 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

This looks beautiful & is right in line with my post.

Sim Carter said...

Such a beautiful little village; unfortunately I can't play along this week:(

Louise said...

I don't think that I knew Cassis was a village, of course I'm familiar with the ice-cream flavour and the drink... It looks lovely.

Just Me said...

Charmed by the pictures and my visit by way of you

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Wonderful timing! thanks for sharing the pix :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Beautiful! Love the cool photo with the reflection.

readerbuzz.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

Looks so wonderful, Paulita! Whenever I think of Cassis, I think of Kir Royale and Hercule Poirot! Nice to have a frame of reference!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

That's funny, Jeanie, as I'm a Poirot fan as well and Cassis is a perfect reminder :)

Posted a wrapup of my Paris in July reading for this year #6 ! will miss it );
so I'm glad your linkup continues!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

ps- thanks for using my button - nice to see it posted!

Teddyree said...

Looks like such a cute village, and my granddaughter would love the little ride-on ladybug! I feel like I'm travelling all over France with Dreaming of France & Paris in July posts :)

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...