Thursday, August 21, 2014

The College Race

I'm ignoring my blog this week as I rush to get my boys ready for college. Yesterday morning, I was just shaking my head. The boys might be feeling a little angst, but that is not translating into getting prepared. I made a list for them and told them to go to the store. They couldn't find the car keys. Tucker remembered having them the night before at a celebration. He immediately got on his phone and started texting to see if anyone had seen the keys. I told the boys to take the other car to the store. They left then a minute later reappeared. They had forgotten the list and the gift card they were supposed to use at the store.
New shoes are a necessity.
This kind of thing went on all day with just flustered activity here and there. We had a steak dinner and I planned it for 6 because Earl was supposed to be at a meeting at 7. But, he didn't get home from work in time to join us. We figured no big deal since Spencer is only going to be an hour and a half awainstead of a thousand miles away. I take Spencer down to college today so he can go through orientation. Then Tucker moves in tomorrow. The hectic will be replaced by an eerie quiet, I suspect. Hope you all are having peaceful weeks.

5 comments:

Lucia said...

Some what! Before you know you will have the peace and quiet. I DRED what next year brings. Marina has no clue what she wants to do!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

The storm before the calm in your case:) I don't miss those kids in college days.

grammajudyb said...

I don't have those memories, my kids did the non-traditional college route. Both were already away from home when they made the college choice. But I can still sympathize with the effort to get teenagers organized and headed in the right direction.

Linda said...

Busy times. Soon you can relax. Just think, no more swim meets!

Just Me said...

Pardon my giggles as teenagers vacillate between capable and helpless. Hears to hoping you making through to the other side.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...