Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dreaming of France -- Arles

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
My internet is acting up this weekend, so I'm writing most of this post on my phone. I'm borrowing a photo from my friend, Leah, who traveled to France this summer for the World Cup.
Leah stayed in Arles and took some beautiful photos of Les Arenes, a Roman amphitheater. 

And here's an artistic shot from within the arena. 

Leah also watched some bull games in Arles. The bullfighters tried to snatch the ribbons off the bulls' horns. The bulls weren't injured, but some of the bullfighters were in danger.

Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. Please visit each other's pages to get more France infusions.

14 comments:

grammajudyb said...

As a matter of fact I have read a book recently about France. And a short story too. Both from one of my favorite authors! "wink, wink".

Esme said...

does everyone see a bull fight in Arles...I know I did?

Vicki Lesage said...

I've never seen a bull fight and always thought I had to go all the way to Spain for one. Good to know there are some closer to me, plus I've always wanted to visit Arles.

Adria said...

What great photos! I love the South of France (especially on a gray Parisian day like today!).

Louise said...

Arles looks very beautiful, but I wouldn't want to go to the bullfight.

Paulita said...

Judy, Thanks so much for your support. Glad you enjoyed them

Paulita said...

I've never seen a bullfight and might even feel squeamish about this bull game.

Sim Carter said...

Bull Games vs Bull fighting?! Well, that's an improvement I guess. I did see a bullfight in Spain once, pretty horrible. Arles looks beautiful!
I've just heard about Gemma Bovary, a film about a British woman living in Normandy. I blogged about it and posted the trailer today for all y'all Dreaming of France.

Sim Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sim Carter said...

Sorry! I seem to have accidentally posted twice.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Paulita , Another place to see , list is just getting longer,
one thing I would not go to see is the Bull fighting, , I just think it is scary , and not sure what enjoyment is, but each to their own. But I would go to Arles.

Leovi said...

Nice pictures, I love that beautiful place in the south of France!

Just Me said...

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing

Linda said...

I have been to Arles and it is a delightful city. They have a great fete there every year with costumes and horses. I watched the bull fight and it was fun to watch as the bull always survived. The men had to do some quick running and jumping.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...