Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Is there anything better on a crisp day than the first slice of pumpkin bread?
The knife tip pierces the bread and a puff of steam rises up, smelling of moist pumpkins, cinnamon and cloves.
I should wait, but the smell convinces me to grab a piece and put just a dab of butter on it. It melts on contact. I can see the golden raisins all plumped up.
And now I know that the only thing better than the smell of that pumpkin break is the way it melts on my tongue.
Yum.

I hope that your Halloween has some yummy treats in store for you.
The recipe I use is from the Southern Living cookbook.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds yummy. My husband doesn't like cinnamon so I won't be baking anything like it as I will eat it all myself. He doesn't like bananas either so no banana bread.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Yumm.... you have inspired me! Happy Halloween to you & yours Paulita!

Grace said...

Yummmmm so jealousssss

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...