Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Foggy Run

This morning, for the first time since my face broke out into a rash, swelled then started to peel, I was able to go for a run without intense itching. I checked the temperature, 46 degrees, cold for this time of year.
When I stepped out the door though, I was surprised by the fog.

The fog wraps the streets like a blanket, muffling the noise. It feels eerie, and the person lumbering down the street could be your neighbor or ... anyone. But, it's usually the same people that I see on my runs when it's not foggy.

3 comments:

Lucia said...

That was very early! No fog here beautiful clear and sunny!

Delana@dujour said...

I love that time of day. Too bad I never see it!

Cipriano said...

Reminds me of a short little poem by Carl Sandburg, one of my favorite poets. It is appropriately titled, Fog.

Fog

The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...