Sunday, July 23, 2017

Dreaming of France -- Cats in France


Thank you for joining this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

We are big cat lovers at our house, so even when we are traveling, we are on the lookout for cute cats. There was no shortage of them in France.
This stocky gray fellow on the wall was in Mireval, not too far from Montpelier, where we stayed as we explored part of Languedoc-Roussillon.

One day I explored in Mireval and found another bakery. I also found this black and white cat near the church.


This guy was giving himself a bath with a nice view of red roof tiles.

And this chunky cat safely peered out over the world from the safety of his balcony. 


Here's a cafe cat from Quillan, which is where we stayed the second half of our trip. 


This cat was laying in a courtyard in Caunes-Minervois, a place where I now know that I should have eaten at the hotel. 

And here's another cat in Caunes-Minervois, pretending he's in the jungle and that we can't see him. 
I'm sure I have more France cat pictures, but I'll save them for another day now that I'm home with  my own cats. 
Thanks so much for playing along with Dreaming of France. Please leave your link below and visit each other's blogs to share your love for France.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paulita, As usual I am catching up on a few blogs all at once. I really felt for you in your 'open diary' blog and I can attest to having had exactly the same doubts prior to setting off to France ourselves. In fact, one afternoon, having listened to me enthusiastically planning our adventure for many years prior, a girlfriend called in. I told her that I just couldn't keep going, that there was too much to do, too much at stake and I was pulling the pin on the whole madness. The next day I bought our plane tickets. It's like that - the highs, the lows and the eventual arrival. Good luck with your sale.

Anonymous said...

The cats led to some very pretty photos.
I hope your plans are working out and that you get an amazing offer for your house.

Jeanie said...

Love this! There is a Chat Cafe in Paris on Rue Michel du Comte. It opened after we left but I'd love to be there! I noticed lots of cats in France but you REALLY noticed them! I saw one that looked like Lizzie Cosette! Great post!

Sim Carter said...

These cute cats made my day! Here in LA, we have a mystery artist who paints black cats on walls around the city. Sigh. Paris always trumps the rest of the world.

As they do with doors!

Here's my Dreaming of France post

Anonymous said...

So funny, I have a beautiful orange stripe kitty that visits my yard in early morning and late evening, I can never catch his picture, he dashes through the gardens, I have no idea who he belongs to, Haha, so funny to watch for him !!!

Paulita said...

Thanks to everyone for joining in with Dreaming of France. Since so many of us love cats, and all of us love France, I figured I couldn't go wrong. And those are not all of my cat pictures.
Thanks for commenting and supporting me in spirit as we go through these exciting but stressful times.

Just Me said...

So cute and fun. The pictures are terrific. Post card worthy.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...