Sunday, July 09, 2017

Dreaming of France -- Twilight Paris


Thank you for joining this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
This is one of my favorite pictures from our most recent trip to France.

My friend Leah is an artist and she tells me that I should take pictures of the things the sun is lighting up, but I keep being drawn to pictures with the sun.
The sun had dipped low in the sky, but darkness was still a long way off, so it probably wasn't technically twilight.

The pyramid and fountain outside of the Louvre. 
I'm on the home stretch of finishing all the preparations on the house. Hopefully after next week once we have the house on the market, I'll have more time to devote to blogging.

Thanks so much for playing along with Dreaming of France. Please leave your link below and visit each other's blogs to share your love for France.

6 comments:

Sim Carter said...

Well I think this is an absolutely glorious photograph and I bet your friend would approve!
I've shared some more of my photographs of our first Evening in Paris. God, I can not get over how gorgeous that city is!

http://www.simcarter.com/2017/07/dreaming-of-france-evening-in-paris.html

Also my 4th of July post doesn't show up on your site so I'm relinking it in case anyone wants to see photos of French fireworks!

Anonymous said...

Your photo works on many levels. The way it's cropped--many people would have tried to get the entire pyramid in the frame, but you have just the one face, which is reflecting the sun, and which rises in a triangle toward the upper left. On the ground, the bricks draw us toward the fountain, and they are intersected by a triangle design that goes in the opposite direction of the pyramid. I'm sure they did that on purpose, and it's great, but some people would have cropped the brick area and lost the triangle.
The sun is slightly to to the right and the fountain is slightly to the left, making a nice balance. Even the clouds complement the balance.
All in all, a very good photo!

Jeanie said...

That is a SPECTACULAR photo, Paulita. Perfect lighting and simply gorgeous.

One of my pro photographer friends said (somewhat jokingly, yet honestly) "I'd rather be lucky than good." (Wally was terrific, by the way). But you have to have the light and the light is often a matter of luck.

You had both -- good lighting luck and great technique. Nice! (Happy to finally join in this week!)

Just Me said...

Gorgeous !

Paulita said...

Sim, I noticed that your link was missing last week but didn't want to hound you! Thanks for reposting.
Francetaste, Thanks for the photo analysis which makes me feel even better about the picture. Jeanie, So glad you joined in this week. I know it's Paris in July time, but I just don't have time to play this month.
Just Me, Thanks.

Anonymous said...

While looking for French blogs, I came upon your beautiful photo and blog,
Thought I would join the party, Thank You, hope you will visit !
Celeste

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...