Friday, March 05, 2010

Springtime Moon

I know if I were more knowledgable about the moon and the night sky, I could explain this, but a couple of times each year, I awaken to find the moonlight drenching my bed. This week has been one of those times.
We have wooden shutters on the bottoms of the bedroom window, leaving the "architectural details" of our Arts & Crafts' house windows uncovered.
As the moon moves through its cycle this week, its light reaches our bedroom window during different parts of the night. Sometimes I'll wake up to find Earl not in bed yet, but the moonlight is there. Other times I'll feel Earl lying next to me with the moonlight pouring onto him.
This morning, after a late night at the theater, I slept in until 6:30. (I know. Pitiful.) When I woke up, the moon was there dousing our room with light. It shone in the navy blue sky, whose only purpose was to serve as background.
The glass of the window distorted the view, but I wanted you to see my morning greeting from the moon.

2 comments:

Enjoying the view said...

Very cool.

Stephanie said...

I love when that happens!

Years ago, Jesse was afraid to fall asleep one night and in an attempt to make him feel better, I opened his blinds to let the moonlight shine in on him in his bed. I made a big deal about him sleeping in a moonbeam that night and told him he would have "moonbeam dreams" while he slept. To this day, the kids will come and tell me when they have a moonbeam in their rooms. I usually open my blinds on those nights in order to have moonbeam dreams too, and have actually thought about writing a children's book about moonbeam dreams. We'll see.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...