Friday, August 11, 2017

My Relaxing Day in Florida

It's 4 o'clock and I haven't showered yet today because I have spent much of the day floating in my parents' pool. 
My day began around 7 with a run through fog, the air heavy with heat and humidity. After spending the entire day driving to Florida yesterday, it was a relief to be able to move. I passed an escaped dog and the golf cart with owners in pursuit. 


I had to do some class work on my computer but had promised Grace I would run with her so didn't take a shower. Grace has been inching toward running with a couch to 5k app. By the time she got up, it was pretty steamy out.
Eureka! I had a genius idea. Let's do the walking and running in the swimming pool. 
So Mom, Grace and I did our 30 minutes of walking and running in the pool. 


Then we all floated on rafts and chatted. We got out for bathroom breaks and drinks. Grace gave in and went to shower, but I returned to the pool for more floating, watching clouds build up, white ibis fly over, and Sandhills cranes land in the yard nearby. From across the lake, I hear a train roll past with its horn echoing. 
A jungle-sounding insect makes repetitive clicks from the nearby lake and cicadas hum in the background. 
Mom and Grace tried sitting in lounge chairs to chat with me, but they got too hot. Not me. I was in the pool. 
Now I can hear a distant rumble of thunder so I suppose I'll have to abandon the pool, but I'm pretty sure I left my worries in the deep end. 


4 comments:

Just Me said...

Awesome. Grins n giggles

Noreen said...

So glad to hear that you are relaxing : )

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!
What's the name of the couch to 5K app?

Paulita said...

Thanks! The relaxing continues.
Francetaste, it's just called Running it has a red flame as the icon.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...