Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tuesday Intros -- Paris Runaway


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
I suppose you couldn't technically say that I'm reading this novel, since I wrote it, but still taking the time to share the intro with everyone, in hopes that you'll want to read it.
This is a fast-paced, romance, adventure, women's fiction novel. I think that's enough descriptors.
Sadie flies to Paris to retrieve her 17-year-old daughter who pursued a French exchange student across the ocean. Joining forces with the boy's father, Sadie feels stirrings she'd tamped down since her divorce two years before. Sparks fly as the parents try to keep their children out of trouble, chasing them to Marseille and back to Paris again.

Here's the intro:
Marseille, FrancePrologue
A gust of hot wind from the open door made the gray floor churn. I stood on the threshold staring at the billowing surface as I tried to comprehend how a floor could move.
A stronger breeze followed, and feathers, gray feathers, the color of the concrete surface, swirled into the air and then wafted down to land gently.
“Feathers?” I asked. “Was there some sort of slumber party in here?”
When I walked through this door above a run-down carryout in Marseille, France, I had expected to see my daughter Scarlett, and I’d already practiced the speech I’d give her for running away, across the ocean to Paris and then gallivanting to the South of France. But the feathers threw me. No Scarlett – just feathers.
 I look forward to seeing what everyone else is reading and hope you'll add this one to your to-be-read list. Here's the link on Goodreads and on Amazon. The book becomes available on Thursday, and you can enter to win a copy on Goodreads, or click the link on the top right of this blog.

11 comments:

Beth F said...

Hummm, not quite sure. The intro didn't really grab me. Hope it's a good match for you.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

The intro makes me curious. I'd read more. Best of luck with your new novel.

JoAnn said...

Congratulations! You must be so excited :-)

Paulita said...

Honesty always is best! Every book isn't for everyone. Thanks to Diane and Joann for good wishes.

Literary Feline said...

How exciting! Congratulations on your new novel. From your teaser and synopsis, it sounds like it will be a fun read. My next read is set in France too. :-)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Thanks, Paulita, I'm now very curious and eager to read it, as you know.

Here's mine: “FLIGHT PATTERNS”

Margot said...

I already have your book on my to-read list and, now that I've read the opening paragraph, I'm really looking forward to it.

Vicki said...

I'd keep reading, it sounds really good!

Paulita said...

Literary Feline, Laurel-Rain, Margot and Vicki, Thanks for visiting my blog and for your support on my new novel. Margot, I noticed your name on the TBR list on Goodreads. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Intriguing! Congratulations on such a big project.

Unknown said...

The premise is interesting. I'd keep reading to see what all they get into! Congratulations!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...